Sunday, November 9, 2008

this weekend

baby shopping is so much fun!! aaron and i went friday night and we both picked out a baby outfit for our son. then yesterday i went to do more shopping. if you have never been to texas kid company---u should go and look at all the cute things they have. i found a UT newborn cap and UT pacifires. when i was at the cash register, their computer system froze up. i was only there for 5 min but the owner told me to just not worry about. a little confused, i asked if i needed to sign for it. she said no that it was on them. so i got a $20 purchase for free!! i will totally go back and buy more. and i also got some more really cute baby outfits from another store.

yesterday i was also able to go out to my parents house and play with tye and kenadie before they left for Austin. I have missed those kids so much. they always make me smile. i miss hearing tye say "lu-lu come play! come chase me!"i wish they still lived close by so that i would be able to see them every week.

today was frustrating. i cant stand it when people critize a marriage. my husband was told today that the person felt sorry for him since he "married a kid" and that we "will never last!" i dont understand why people critize my age. yes i might only be 19, but im perfectly happily married. Anybody can look at us and tell that we love each other, are best friends, and encourage and help each other fulfill our potential. i love being a wife and even being able to cook every evening. i also hate it when a person completly ignores me for 2 whole hours, for no reason at all. also i had brought the new baby stuff over and that person didnt even care at all!!! at least they could have pretended to be interested. the only thing i can say is that it will be a long time before i go back to that house. I guess thats why i have my husband and MY family which are the most 2 important things in my life. i dont know what i would do without aaron, my parents, or my brothers and sisters. I love them so much. They have done so much for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laurie!! You seem to be having so much fun with being pregnant..and look so dang cute with your growing pooch.

You can tell that guy to put a sock in it.

Love ya!

Maren said...

Laurie your baby is going to be all decked out!!! :-) I love Texas Kid Company.

You know I got married when I was 19 and had a baby when I was 20 so I know what you mean when people are rude about a marriage. Aaron did not marry a kid he married a lady!! I was talking to a girl at work the other day (by the way I am no longer at Maggie Moos..I am now at Baskin Robbins!!) and I told her that when you know its right then you know its right. No one has the right to make fun or anything like that.

As for someone not paying attention to the cute stuff you bought...you can bring it to my house and show me..I LOVE baby stuff..I think it might be time soon to have another! I love looking at all of my sister in laws new baby stuff she got! It makes me want a baby even more...Which do a I choose...a baby or a dog!!! :-)

You look great pregnant!!! Don't let anyone tell you different. Once they put that baby boy in our arms you will know it was all worth it!!! :-)

Sarah Fruge said...

Don't worry about what people say. I got married right after I turned 19 and had Claire right before I turned 20. I'm glad I'm having kids young. Then I can be a young mom. :)

Kev and I have been married for 3 years and are going strong, and I know that you and Aaron will do the same thing. Some people just don't understand and don't have the same priorities in life. Don't let it get to you. The most important thing, like you said, is your family. Just keep them close and you will be great!!