Saturday, November 29, 2008

feeling the baby kicks

On the 16th Aaron was FINALLY able to feel the baby kick. I think its made it seem a lot more real to him since he can now feel it. He had been the only one so far to feel it kick, until thanksgiving day. I really wanted Rachael to be able to feel it cause she doesnt have much time to visit down here. So after lots of patience, the baby kicked really hard. Rachael said it was cool. My mom hasnt been able to yet. I think he gets really stubborn and wont kick when he feels someones hand on my belly. He kicks quite a bit now and it always makes me smile, its amazing.
Monday i go in for the gestational diabetes test. hopefully i wont have it. i will just starve if i do, im such a picky eater. my mom says she had it with me and just changed her diet for the health of the baby. HOPEFULLY i wont even have to worry about it.

3 comments:

Aunt Kim said...

Hopefully I get to "feel" Landon kick... in January. He will be the 1st "great" that I will be able to "feel" kick....can't wait to see everyone in January....sending bunches of love and hugs to all

Amy said...

I'm glad that Aaron and Rachael were able to feel the baby kick. Natalie & Lily were both stubborn about that too. Natalie said she remembers that Lily wouldn't let you feel her kick for quite a while too. Just remember that if you fail the first part of the diabetes test, don't worry too much. They changed the guidelines not too long before I was pregnant with Lily. I failed the first part and the nurse told me that now that the guidelines are stricter, a lot of women do. But, that doesn't mean they are diabetic. They just want to make sure they don't miss anyone who is borderline. I passed the second test easily.

Richard Bradford said...

Good luck! That is so exciting once your hubby can feel the baby kick! It makes it more real. Can't wait to see you Sunday! -
Cynthia